Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Morning Walk

I am finally feeling almost back to normal. I had been sick since, well a while, but with just kind of a mild cold or something. But then Sunday it started to hit me hard (cold, allergies, ear infection, and possible detoxification from moving out of the decrepit house I had been living in back in Mass); it could have been any of those plus a few others, I don't know exactly. Monday and Tuesday I couldn't do much at all, and ended up sleeping the majority of the time. So this morning, of course I was wide awake (and starving) at like 4:30am. I decided to go out and see if I could get any wildlife shots. I walked through the field in route to the woods, and it didn't take long before I was soaked from the dew. That I could deal with, it was actually kind of refreshing, but then as I approached the woods, the bugs attacked! I fought hard, and there were many casualties, but I finally retreated, and did not enter the woods. 

So... I didn't get the shots that I had imagined I might, but I got a few that gave me some satisfaction. Next time I will consider bug spray. 


Sunrise over an Ohio field. Such a peaceful time of day. I like it best when I hear no man-made noises.

No comments: