Friday, November 7, 2008

Phase 1: Complete

Today marked the final day of Phase 1. Instead of having normal classes, we had a day long critique of our phase final, which was our final assignment that we were given 3 weeks ago. For this assignment we had to make 11 different images. Each image was based on a a certain thing that we had learned or covered during phase one (showing/stopping motion, color and line, lighting, etc). 

It is pretty exciting to have this phase completed. It is nice to look back and see what I have learned so far, and also to know that we will be going deeper and learning more. 

Here are some of the images from my final.....

Stopping motion. This was a lot of fun to shoot. Josh, Sarah, and I spent quite a while that night in the studio. Turned on some good music, and just had a good time doing what we enjoy.

Showing motion. This was a lot of fun as well. Some of the pics from this shoot looked crazy.

Outdoor portrait. Somehow Josh ended up being in most of the pictures I decided to use. This one I took when a group of us went and shot in Northampton.

Backlighting with flash fill. Working with flash is something that I really want to work on more. This one came out pretty well. It was also in Northampton.

Breaking lines. Josh on some steps.

Cool on warm. Jude ends up being in a lot of my pictures as well.

Self portrait. 


No comments: